What Court Do I Sue In?

  • You can start a lawsuit in the New York State Supreme Court or the Court of Claims.
  • If your claim is against New York State it has to be heard in the Court of Claims.
  • Cases can also be brought in the United States Supreme court.
  • Some cases have to be tried in both State and Federal court.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *