New York Personal Injury
Experienced legal help for accidental injury claims
Regardless of whether you are involved in an accidental injury case as a plaintiff or a defendant, in state or federal court, the Law Offices of Jonathan D. Sands can help you. Jonathan Sands is a personal injury lawyer with over two decades of New York litigation experience. He represents accident victims seeking compensation for bodily injuries, economic damages, and property damages. He also represents individuals and business without insurance or self-insured businesses that are defending against accident claims. Mr. Sands’ extensive experience litigating on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury cases has provided him with the insight to better see the strengths and weaknesses on both sides of a case.
Mr. Sands pursues the settlement of personal injury claims through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration, which are often faster and more cost-effective than courtroom litigation. However, Mr. Sands has the skill and expertise to aggressively litigate your case in local, state, and federal New York courts when it serves your best interests. As former counsel for a major insurance company, he understands how insurance companies evaluate and defend claims and lawsuits, and he is able to apply this experience and knowledge when dealing with insurers on behalf of his clients. He is a zealous advocate for his clients, regardless of who the opposing counsel or opposing insurance company might be in the case.
Please contact us for help with personal injury matters involving any of the following types of matters, or any other type of accident:
If you seek a recovery for injuries and damages sustained in an accident, and if it is a matter we choose to accept, we will handle it on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay no legal fees unless we recover compensation for you. Please contact us to find out.
Some of our law firm's personal injury successes
Our firm's vast experience in handling personal injury claims is shown by our notable cases listed below.
Auto accidents/motorcycle crashes
- Client suffered a fractured femur that required surgical repair when the car in which she was a passenger left the roadway and struck a stonewall.
- Client suffered facial fractures while walking her dog when was struck by a car making an improper left turn.
- Client suffered multiple leg fractures that required surgical repair when the motorcycle he was operating was struck by a car making an illegal u-turn.
- Clients suffered multiple fractures, lacerations and neck and back injuries when they were struck by a car that left the roadway and crashed into the restaurant at which they were dining.
Premises liability claims
- Client suffered a torn rotator cuff that required surgical repair after tripping and falling due to a poorly maintained sidewalk.
- Client suffered multiple broken ribs after tripping over an improperly stored piece of equipment in a supermarket.
- Client suffered serious back injuries when while eating at a restaurant the chair on which she was sitting collapsed.
- Client suffered serious neck injuries when she slipped and fell on an improperly mopped floor at a nursing home while visiting a relative.
- Client suffered a fractured nose and other facial injuries when she collided with an unmarked floor to ceiling glass panel at a retail store.
- Client assaulted and shot while visiting a relative in a residential building.
- Client suffered fractures of her dominant wrist after slipping and falling on an area of ice that was caused by a recurrent thaw and refreeze condition.
- Client suffered a fractured hip that required surgical repair after slipping and falling on ice in a parking lot caused by a recurrent thaw and refreeze condition.
Products liability claims
- Client suffered a crush amputation of the ring finger on her dominant hand due to an improperly designed piece of furniture.
- Client suffered fractured vertebrae and other back injuries when a piece of exercise equipment failed.
- Client suffered multiple fractures of dominant wrist that required surgical repair after falling while ice-skating due to a poorly maintained skate.
- Client suffered amputated fingers in accident involving a snow blower.
- Client suffered numerous bite wounds when attacked by a dog.
- Client assaulted and beaten following a traffic incident.
- Client's building sustained extensive property damage when excavator working on project adjacent to client's apartment building dug too deep beneath the building and failed to properly support the building.
New York Personal Injury Links
- If You Have an Auto Accident
- Personal Injury and Torts
- Products Liability
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- National Patient Safety Foundation
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. National Library of Medicine and the Institutes of Health