New York Business, Commercial, General Litigation
Effective business legal representation
Trial attorney Jonathan Sands has over 20 years of New York litigation experience. A significant part of his practice addresses a wide range of issues that arise in business, commercial, and construction matters.
His recent matters include:
- Representing a limited partner in a lawsuit to remove a general partner and to demand an accounting
- Representing a small business owner in the purchase of a business, its assets, and real property
- Representing a business owner in a dispute with a manufacturer over defective commercial refrigeration units
- Representing a restaurant owner in an architectural malpractice action
- Representing homeowners in contract negotiations with home improvement contractors
- Representing an aircraft fleet owner in a breach of contract claim
To obtain experienced legal help with your business, contractual, or general litigation issues, please contact the Law Offices of Jonathan D. Sands. We work closely with you to pursue the course of action best suited to meet your goals. Our expertise includes the following types of matters:
New York business, commercial, and general litigation resource links
- New York State Website
- New York Office of the Attorney General
- New York Division of Corporations
- New York Unified Court System
- New York State Bar Association
Security for your pets
What would happen to your pet if you became disabled or died? You may view your pet as a member of the family, but the law considers your pet to be merely private property, like a car or furniture. Unless you make special provisions for the care of your pet in a trust or will, your pet could end up homeless and abandoned.
What can you do to provide security for your pets? Contact the Law Offices of Jonathan D. Sands. We can help you set up a pet trust, draft a special will bequest or living will, or make other formal arrangements that provide for the long term care of your pets. It is easier and less expensive than you think!
Defending against dog bite and other animal claims
Even gentle family pets can bite when frightened or provoked. If you are facing a dog bite claim, dangerous animal charge, unsafe conditions claim, or other animal related claim, we can help. Please contact our office to set up a consultation. We listen to your concerns and provide you with sound advice regarding your best legal options.
New York Animal Law Resources
- Humane Society of the US
- American Humane Association
- The American Veterinary Medical Association on Dog Bite Prevention
- State Farm Insurance Information on Dog Bites
- New York State Dog Licensing
- New York Dog/Cat Information