Meet New York Trial Attorney Jonathan D. Sands
Jonathan Sands is a seasoned litigator with over 20 years of courtroom experience. He began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney for Kings County, NY, where he tried numerous felony cases including homicides, robberies, and narcotics prosecutions. He later worked as an in-house trial attorney for a large insurance company handling all phases of complex commercial insurance defense litigation.
In 2000, Mr. Sands founded his own civil litigation law firm, the Law Offices of Jonathan D. Sands, which focuses on representing plaintiffs and defendants in accidental injury cases, insurance coverage claims, business contract disputes, and animal law matters. Believing that every case is important and that every client deserves personal attention, Jonathan Sands is a zealous advocate for his clients regardless of who the opposing counsel or opposing insurance company might be.
Mr. Sands has a bachelor of fine arts degree in music performance, and he worked with a major symphony orchestra before entering the practice of law. Outside of the office, Mr. Sands is an avid tennis player and also enjoys kayaking and photography.
Allow Mr. Sands to put his experience and skills to work for you. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation. We promptly reply to all inquiries.
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, JD, 1987
- Order of the Barristers National Honor Society
- American Jurisprudence Award for Criminal Process
- National Moot Court Competition
- Dean Dunmore Distinguished Advocate
- Moot Court Board
- Associate Editor, Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, BFA (music performance), 1980
- New York, 1988
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, District of Connecticut
- New York State Bar Association (House of Delegates, 2006 to Present )
- Bronx County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Of Counsel to Law Offices of Paul A. Lange, LLC
- Of Counsel to Clauss & Sabatini, 2002-2006
- House Counsel for Wausau Insurance Companies, 1993-1995, 1997-2000
- Senior Trial Attorney, Jeffrey Samel & Partners, 1995-1997
- Assistant District Attorney, Kings County, NY, 1987-1993